Monday, March 14, 2011

Il Radicchio


On Friday, Alli and I had the pleasure of dining on Mr. Heaney's dime... I mean, company. We had a fantastic meal, and a fantastic time. I had never been to this little hole in the wall, but I'll definitely be going back.

The meal maaay have been enhanced by the not one, but two bottles of wine split between the three of us. Further proof I now looooove a good Chianti.

We also split the lobster ravioli as an appetizer, which I wish I got as a second entree. The server recommended the pistachio sauce... and so do I.

We each got personal pizzas - I copied Alli with the classic tomato, mozz, basil and added garlic and hot peppers. I could have eaten the whole thing, but instead saved some for late night, and breakfast the next day. No Regrets.

Upon Mr. Heaney's insistence, we ordered dessert. I've had better tiramisu, but Alli's limoncello sorbet ball (for lack of a better description) was delish.

Not too mention, we got Big Bill's version of how he met Mrs. Heaney, learned that my grandfather's pretty legit in the military history circles... or at least just with Mr. Heaney, and had lots of interesting conversation. Mr. Heaney is one great dinner date. Thanks Alli for letting me tag along. I sure am glad its Lent and you've resolved to do one nice thing per day. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment