Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spaghetti Squash

I'm editing this post for my adoring fans. Details you say? Well, hmm, I suppose I could give you the play-by-play.

A spaghetti squash looks like this originally:



And then like that when I'm done with with it.

[Note: thats not my picture. My spaghetti squash is not nearly so neat, and has wayyy more sauce, yum]

This isn't much of a recipe, so much as it is a "How To" ...

1. Poke holes all over the squash with a fork.

2. Put the whole squash in the oven at 350. Once the skin is warm, remove. 

3. Cut it in half. 

4. Once it's open, remove the guts. It has the same insides as a pumpkin. 

5. Put both halves back in the oven. I spritz with olive oil.

6. After 10 minutes, start keeping an eye on it. Some recipes say to leave it in for an hour, but I'm usually starving after 15 minutes.

7. Remove it when you feel like its ready (seriously, thats the judgement I use), and take a fork to the inside. The inside should peel/grate/come off like spaghetti noodles.  

8. Top like you would spaghetti! I used marina, sauteed onions, and parmesan.

One squash could feed a lot of people, but I usually eat the whole serving. Whaaaa? It's a vegetable! I definitely recommend this dish. Let me know if you're inspired to try it!

2 comments: