Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hillshire Farms... NO Meat!

I'm on Day 1 of my Meatless March Challenge. Only on my second meal. And I already put a big "NO MEAT" sign above my computer because I just know I'm going to slip up. Why did I pick a month with 31 days??

I'm not a huge red meat fan, and lately, I've been trying to only eat meat with one meal/day. It started because I took a Health Assessment for my insurance, and apparently I wasn't eating my daily dose of fruits and veggies. When I tried limiting meat to one meal/day, I increased my fruits and veggies intake and started eating more healthy foods.

I also have a tendency for mindless eating... and indulging in Wendy's and alarming amounts of buffalo wings. So, by making a conscious diet restriction, I hope to be more aware of what I eat. And hopefully eat less, lose some weight, and look gooood.

I hope this doesn't backfire by eating Five Guys hamburgers with reckless abandon on April 1. I also start boot camp next week, but that's a wholeeee different post.

No comments:

Post a Comment