Thursday, April 28, 2011

Clubbin'

Tuesday night, I attended my last "A Ladies Book Club" meeting, much to my chagrin. I'm really going to miss our monthly book club meetings and the excuse to over sample all the delicious treats. I know, I could join a book club in New York, and probably will, but it won't be quite the same.

Our book club embodies the quintessential DC woman in her 20s. The group is full of interesting career choices, well educated, so aware of the world, unbelievably well traveled, and even with a hint of modesty. Without fail, our book discussion turn to all kinds of women's health issues - where am I going to get my info from now on?
Because it's my last week at work, and I've essentially got nothing better to do, I'm going make a list of the books we've read. Yea ok I know, basically all of my readers are in the same book club, but whatever! deal!

The Irrisistable Henry House by Lisa Grunwald

In Other Rooms, Other Wonders by Daniyal Mueeruddin


Big Sur by Jack Kerouac


Lady Chatterly's Lover by D. H. Lawrence


[Michigan for work] The Brief And Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz


Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen 
The History of Love by Nicole Krauss

Black Swan, The Movie

The Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami


The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls


[Interview in NYC] Play As It Lays by Joan Didion


The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

I'll miss you Ladies Book Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment